We talked about Huberman Lab, which is a consistently ranked #1 podcast in the Science, Education, and Health & Fitness categories in this article: 10 Best Podcasts on Science, Education and Health & Fitness.
Today we share a valuable podcast episode of them.
In this podcast episode, the Huberman Lab discusses how to lose fat with science-based tools. They recommend a protocol involving exposure to cold temperatures in order to induce shivering, which releases a hormone that triggers brown fat thermogenesis.
Save time by taking a brief overview below in just 3-5 minutes, instead of watching/listening to the entire podcast – which takes 2 hours. For more insight, watch this video to get the full picture:
- The Huberman Lab Podcast discusses science and science-based tools for everyday life. Andrew Huberman discusses how to lose fat with science-based tools. He talks about how quality blood work and DNA tests can give insights into one’s health, and how InsideTracker and ExpressVPN can help people better understand and track their health data. He also talks about how Athletic Greens is a good all-in-one vitamin, mineral, and probiotic drink that can support gut health and other aspects of one’s health.
- He discusses the science of tools for fat loss, with a focus on how the nervous system regulates fat burning. The discussion includes a review of the role of hormones like insulin and leptin, as well as the role of diet in fat loss.
- Dr. Huberman discusses the science behind fat loss and how to use various tools to accelerate the process. He talks about the importance of sleep and essential fatty acids, and how the nervous system plays a role in controlling fat loss. He also talks about the importance of using quality supplements if you choose to use them.
- They mention that sleep, EPA, glutamine, fermented foods, iodine, and selenium are all important factors in losing fat and maintaining a healthy metabolism. They also mention a study done by Alia Crum on how belief affects weight loss.
- How can our beliefs about exercise impact our physiology and lead to weight loss? The study mentioned showed that simply being told that exercise is good for you can lead to fat loss. This is due to the power of the nervous system and our beliefs governing aspects of our body and physiology.
- Dinitrophenol, or DNP, is a compound that was discovered in the armory factories of World War II. It was discovered because women who were working in these factories would lose weight without changing anything else that they were doing, such as their diet or exercise regimen. DNP works by changing the way that fat burns up, and it is an absolutely terrible compound for anyone to use because it is highly fatal if your body temperature goes too high.
- The nervous system plays a key role in regulating fat metabolism, and epinephrine is one of the key hormones involved in this process. The release of epinephrine from the sympathetic nervous system or the adrenal glands stimulates the mobilization and oxidation of fat.
- The Huberman Lab Podcast discusses how to lose fat with science-based tools. They mention that shivering and other forms of subtle movement can help to increase fat loss. They also talk about the work of Rothwell and Stock, who found that people who overeat but don’t gain weight often engage in lots of subtle movement throughout the day. Finally, they mention that simply moving around a lot, even if those are subtle movements, greatly increases the amount of energy that you burn.
- They explain how fidgeting can actually lead to burning 800 to 2,500 calories per day. This has nothing to do with exercise, but rather the subtle movements of our core musculature which trigger epinephrine release and the mobilization of fat.
- How does cold exposure help to accelerate fat loss through the mobilization and oxidation of fatty acids? The podcast explains that most people use cold exposure incorrectly and provides tips on how to use it correctly to maximize its fat-burning potential.
- How does cold exposure help with fat loss by increasing the body’s metabolism？ It is recommended to expose oneself to cold temperatures one to three times a week for the best results 00:50:00.
- They recommend a protocol involving exposure to cold temperatures in order to induce shivering, which releases a hormone that triggers brown fat thermogenesis.
In this video, they also discuss how different types of exercise can have different effects on fat loss, and how eating before or after exercise can impact fat burning. Finally, they talk about how caffeine and other compounds can help to increase the rate of fat loss.
- Brown fat is a type of fat that is rich in brown adipocytes, which are specialized cells that help to generate heat. Babies have a lot of brown fat, but it decreases as we age. However, there is some evidence that we can increase the amount of brown fat through exposure to cold temperatures and by doing other things that make us shiver.
- The idea that spot reduction (losing fat in a specific area of the body) is possible is becoming more accepted by the scientific community. This is due to the understanding that fat loss is controlled by nerve fibers and adrenaline, which can be stimulated by exercise. Thus, changing up your exercise routine or doing new types of movements may help to target “stubborn” body fat.
- Different types of exercise can have different effects on fat loss, depending on things like intensity and duration. It is still unclear whether or not it is better to exercise with or without eating beforehand.
- The body will burn more fat after 90 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise if it has not been eating anything for the past three hours. However, if the exercise is high-intensity, the switchover point happens earlier.
- It is stated that if someone wants to burn more body fat, they should exercise intensely for 20 to 60 minutes and then move over to Zone 2 cardio. It is also said that going into all of this fast will facilitate the burning of more fat overall. However, if someone is unable to do the training at all unless they eat something, then obviously eating something makes the most sense.
- Caffeine is a common compound that people use to increase their fat oxidation rates. Caffeine does this by increasing the amount of epinephrin that is released from neurons that innervate fat tissue.
- Caffeine can help to burn fat and improve performance, but only if you are used to drinking it. 400 milligrams is the maximum amount that should be consumed, and it is best to drink it 30-40 minutes before exercise.
- One of these tools is caffeine, which can help to increase the rate of fat loss. Another tool is GLP-1 (Semaglutide), which can be triggered by the ingestion of yerba mate. GLP-1 increases the percentage of fat that you will burn.
- This podcast discusses various tools that can be used to increase fat oxidation and lose weight. These include compounds that reduce insulin levels, which allow the body to burn more fat. Additionally, the podcast recommends eating a lower carbohydrate diet to keep insulin levels low and facilitate fat burning.
- The discussion includes a review of the cellular process by which fat is mobilized and oxidized, as well as how L-carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine can help facilitate fat loss. The podcast also covers the topic of exercise, including how different intensities of exercise can impact fat loss.
- They talk about how caffeine can help to release epinephrine and adrenaline, which can trigger increased fat oxidation. They also discuss compounds like yerba mate and guayusa tea, which can help to activate the GLP-1 pathway and promote fat burning. Finally, they talk about how L-carnitine can help to facilitate the conversion of fatty acids to energy.
Are We Prepared for the Aging Society? Mintel’s Report on Future Diets for the Elderly
Recently, a globally renowned market consulting firm called Mintel published the “2023 Global Food and Beverage Trends Report”. According to the report, there are many trends predicted for the future of food and beverages, some of which are quite surprising. For example, there will be a specific focus on developing foods for crisis situations, such as […]
Billionaire Achieves Age Reversal: Is it Possible for the Rest of Us? Recent Study Offers Hope.
Recently, a Silicon Valley billionaire named Bryan Johnson (his Twitter) officially announced that he had achieved age reversal. In other words, he has become young again. [Source: How to Be 18 Years Old Again for Only $2 Million a Year Middle-aged tech centimillionaire Bryan Johnson and his team of 30 doctors say they have a […]
3 Minutes Summary [How to Lose Fat with Science-Based Tools | Huberman Lab ]
We talked about Huberman Lab, which is a consistently ranked #1 podcast in the Science, Education, and Health & Fitness categories in this article: 10 Best Podcasts on Science, Education and Health & Fitness. Today we share a valuable podcast episode of them. In this podcast episode, the Huberman Lab discusses how to lose fat with […]