PT-141 Bremelanotide, is a modified synthetic derivative of alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormonea that is used to treat sexual dysfunction in men and women.
PT-141 is considered an effective treatment for both erectile dysfunction and increased libido in men and can improve female sexual arousal disorder in women.
PT-141 is now used to treat sexual dysfunction in men and women, but it was not primarily created for this purpose. The synthetic peptide blend was developed from Melanotan II, a hormone that can darken skin pigmentation and promote tanning.
Typical users of PT-141 are those who lack desire or receptivity of sexual intercourse, lack the ability to become aroused, have a decreased sensation, experience pain with intercourse, have the inability to achieve an orgasm or have emotional issues (shame, anxiety, embarrassment or reduced interest).
Mechanism of Action
PT 141 works directly through the nervous system to increase arousal, desire, and satisfaction with sex.
PT-141 is a nonselective agonist that binds to melanocortin receptors. PT-141 peptide therapy activates the dopamine hormones which enhance sexual performance and stimulate sexual motivation.
Mode of Administration: Subcutaneous injection to a fleshy part of the body, typically to the stomach or abdominal area.
Before administering PT-141 Bremelanotide always be sure to use a clean and sterile syringe.
- Hold the vial upright and insert the syringe in the center of the cap.
- Draw the plunger until you have the correct amount (see ‘Dosage’ below) in the syringe and carefully remove it.
- Before administering the syringe, use alcohol to cleanse the area of skin.
- Pinch the skin around the area to be injected, leave about 2 cm on each side.
- Hold the syringe at a 90 degree angle to your skin and swiftly insert the syringe.
- Depress the plunger fully, until the syringe is empty, and carefully draw out.
Dosage Amount:Typical dosage of 1mg, however dosages may go up to 4mg if the patient has a known history of erectile dysfunction and medication has not previously helped
Dosage Frequency: One dose per 24 hours, no more than 8 doses within a month
PT-141 should be administered 45 minutes before intercourse.
Effects of PT-141 may be noticeable within minutes, though it could take a few hours. Effects of PT-141 therapy may last up to 24 hours. As a result of PT-141, some men have described having longer-lasting erections, up to 2-6 hours.
PT-141 Bremelanotide should be concluded after eight weeks if the patient has no enhancement in sexual desire and associated distress.
The most common side effects of PT-141 are nausea discomfort around the injection site. Other side effects that may occur, but are less likely, are: vomiting, flushing of the skin, blurred vision, headaches, dizziness, slowed heart rate, nervousness and pounding in the ears.
- Improvement in sexual desire and performance
- Increase in confidence and self-esteem
- Improved relationship with your partner
- Restoration of healthy sexual intercourse
- Enhanced mood, reduced stress and depression due to a healthier sex life
The content of this site is provided for information purposes only. It is not meant as a substitute for the advice of a medical professional. None of the content on this site should be relied upon to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or medical condition.