Ipamorelin is a pentapeptide and a ghrelin mimetic with growth hormone releasing activity.
Ipamorelin imitates ghrelin and ties to the ghrelin receptor in the brain, thus selectively stimulating the release of growth hormone from the pituitary gland.
Growth hormones are frequently released and more abundant in children. When humans begin to age, the production of growth hormones decelerates and lessens gradually over time. The use of Ipamorelin can encourage these growth hormones to be created and released regularly.
Ipamorelin is used to help increase growth hormone production, which can assist in the reduction of body fat, enhancement of lean muscle mass, improvement of sleep, and increase of energy and over all wellness.
Ipamorelin is mostly used for collagen production, wrinkle reduction, acceleration of healing and recovery, and enhancement of mood and sleep; therefore being a peptide that is sought after for it’s anti-aging benefits.
Mechanism of Action
The function of Ipamorelin is to mimic ghrelin. The hormone ghrelin, discovered in 1999, has extreme effects on metabolism, restraining stored fat breakdown, and most importantly gherlin performs to regulate growth hormone release from the pituitary gland.
Ipamorelin fastens to ghrelin receptors on the pituitary gland, activating them identically to the way ghrelin naturally would. The activation of these receptors work collectively with no effect on the rest of the body’s hormones.
Mode of Administration: Subcutaneous injection to a fleshy part of the body, typically to the stomach or abdominal area.
Before administering Ipamorelin, always be sure to use a clean and sterile syringe.
- Hold the Ipamorelin vial upright and insert the syringe in the center of the cap.
- Draw the plunger until you have the correct amount (see ‘Dosage’ below) in the syringe and carefully remove it.
- Before administering the syringe, use alcohol to cleanse the area of skin.
- Pinch the skin around the area to be injected, leave about 2 cm on each side.
- Hold the syringe at a 90 degree angle to your skin and swiftly insert the syringe.
- Depress the plunger fully, until the syringe is empty, and carefully draw out.
Dosage Amount: 100mcg – 500mcg (0.1mg to 0.5mg)
Dosage Frequency: 1-3 times daily
Recommended dose of 300mcg, 3 times daily (injection under the skin) for strength gain and performance enhancement
Recommended dose of 200mcg, 1 time daily (injection under the skin) for anti-aging purposes
For best results, it is recommended to administer Ipamorelin at the same time daily. Avoid consumption of food and liquids at least one hour before and after administering Ipamorelin.
Ipamorelin typically takes time to show results. While some patients will notice significant changes in the body after the first month, the full-benefits are usually noticed after three to six months of administering the peptide daily.
Ipamorelin is most successful with diet, exercise, consistency and time.
The most common reaction to Ipamorelin is redness and irritation around the injection site. This reaction is typically short term and normally goes away on its own.
Ipamorelin is can also increase hunger and cause dry mouth in some patients.
In less than 1% of patients that use Ipamorelin, other side effects have occurred, including: severe drowsiness, hives, vomiting, headache, nausea, difficulty swallowing, hyperactivity, chest tightness and pallor, distortion in perception of taste, and flushing of the skin.
- Anti-aging: collagen production and wrinkle reduction
- Increase of lean muscle mass and muscle growth
- Accelerated recovery time from exercising, weight lifting and physical activity
- Improvement in cellular repair and regeneration
- Increase of energy, the immune system and overall wellness
- Improvement in bone strength and bone mineral density composite
- Higher metabolic rate and improved circulation resulting in body fat reduction
- Improvement in sleep cycle, resulting in heightened mood and energy
The content of this site is provided for information purposes only. It is not meant as a substitute for the advice of a medical professional. None of the content on this site should be relied upon to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or medical condition.